I remember once when it rained so hard, that you couldn't see further than about 10 feet. Tyson's family was up from Glen Ewen and were at the house at the time. In the west we were able to see great clouds building, but they passed on by. We thought we were in the clear. But little did we know that the storm was going to back in from the east. It started to rain, and we went to the east window and saw a giant storm approaching. Thunder and lightning began the storm. Then came the rains. I've never seen anything like it. It only rained for about 45 minutes, but there was 8 inches of rain left behind. A huge reservoir had formed at the low point in our yard. Rivers of free flowing water ran down the driveway from the highway as if it was the Amazon. I'll always remember how amazing and powerful that rainstorm was.
Look at Psalm 147:8, "[God] covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains." Think of the might of the most powerful storm, but that is nothing in comparison to the power of God. A category 5 hurricane slamming into the coast, or a series of tornadoes ripping through the mid-west United States: God is so much more powerful. We read how he prepares the rain perhaps somewhat like I might prepare this blog posting: Not such a big deal to the creator. He covers the sky with clouds and makes the grass to grow. No great task done by God, but to us something we could study for years and years. Yet, we are not beginning to see the fullness of His greatness.
I could write a new part to this blog for the rest of my life, and I wouldn't scratch the surface when talking about the greatness of God. Through eternity we'll perhaps get through "the beginner's crash course to the greatness of God." Look at Isaiah 40:25 again, "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One." What can we compare God to? We can't understand how great He is because our puny minds have limits. We can't understand how glorious His person is until we see Him as He is. We will never understand the depth of His love. How great is our God! Praise the Lord that He is our God, the maker of the heavens and earth.
Thus concludes my feeble attempt to describe the fullness of His greatness. Take a read and meditate on Isaiah 40, Psalm 147 and Job 38-42. When you read take note of the characteristics of God. Get to know Him better. Learn how He is unlimited in every aspect. Fear and worship Him since He is the one that has power in giving eternal life and over death and hell. The only righteous Judge, and this is the Saviour of feeble creatures like us! Praise the Lord!
Psalm 146
1 Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD, O my soul!
2 I will praise the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
3 Put not your trust in princes,
in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
4 When his breath departs he returns to the earth;
on that very day his plans perish.
5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,
6 who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them,
who keeps faith forever;
7 who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets the prisoners free;
8 the LORD opens the eyes of the blind.
The LORD lifts up those who are bowed down;
the LORD loves the righteous.
9 The LORD watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.
10 The LORD will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the LORD!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.