Sunday, March 29, 2009

Balance

"The Great Blondin" (Jean-François Gravelet) was a tightrope walker, who became famous for his walks and stunts on a tightrope across Niagara Falls. He performed many stunts like crossing with a blindfold, a manned wheelbarrow, his assistant on his back, and the supplies and gumption to successfully stop midway to stop and eat an omlete. We can certainly say that Blondin had great balance, and it was the key to His survival.

I don't have any special verse today, but I have some sound advice through experience. I was just thinking about how it seems I havn't been getting messages to write about lately. I've been reading and enjoying, but nothing to fomulate into improving our Christian lifestyle. It just occured to be tonight: I have no balance.

The places I'm reading right now are Isaiah and Zechariah. You would notice that each of those places is in the Old Testament: There's no balance. Personally I'm learning tons about prophecy and the kingdom age, but not as much about Christian living. Though it's just advice, and not supported with a verse in Scripture that I've found, I hope you will heed to the warning and understand that I feel we need to read in a balanced manner. This is just one of the many balancing acts that we as Christians need to learn, such as reading/praying, God/family, and fellowship/privacy. Stay balanced, and always be ready to give an answer to anyone who might ask.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear 1 Peter 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.